Work and Play

My bad for not updating in like... forever. Here are some videos for y'all to enjoy:

Here's my E80 lab group (minus one of the team members) working on one of our labs. I'll describe E80 in more detail in my next post but here's the basic jist of what we're doing:

The rocket that's in the video has thermistors in it, these are resistors which vary with different temperatures. Basically, you connect a voltage source to the thermistors and use these to get values of temperature with this thing called an RDAS (Rocket Data Acquisition System). The problem is that the RDAS outputs raw data, which is not the same thing as degrees Fahrenheit. That's why we need to calibrate the thermistors by gathering data from both the RDAS and high accuracy digital thermometers, which is what's happening in the video:



Also, I recently went to go see Justice @ The Mayan Theater in LA. It was sooooo amazing and crazy and intense. I was about three people away from the front. Here's some video of them mixing D.A.N.C.E.:

0 comments: